Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sandy Day

  On Friday August 7th,  a huge sandstorm hit Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. We get approximately 4 sandstorms a year, but this one was really dangerous and somehow scary.

 I have woken up that day at 7 o'clock, it was a regular day; the sun was shining, and the sky was completley blue. On my way to school, I was on twitter just reading thoughts, someone tweeted that there's a huge sandstorm on it's way to Riyadh, and I totally ignored that. At lunch break, all the students are just running in the hall to get food from the cafeteria, as soon as we get outside the building it was completley orange, and we couldn't see anything. My really close friend, Ahmed, has asthma so it really bursted his mood. We started walking to the cafeteria to grab some food, and he was coughing the whole time. I really didn't pay attention for that. However, suddenly I see him lying on the floor, and he couldn't move at all. After that, I started yelling for help, so the teachers came and we carried him to the doctor.

 The day passed by, and it was time to go back home. But the weather was only getting worse, and it took me like 30 minutes to find my driver. As soon as I get inside the car, a car bumps into us from behind. I got outside the car to check the damage but I couldn't see anything, and the driver who bumped into us has suddenly disappeared. My driver got paranoid and decided to park somewhere until the weather gets better. Finally, after waiting for about 2 hours we got back home safely.

In conclusion, this was the most adventurous day ever for me. But gladly, school got canceled on the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment